How to make a booking
- Upon your confirmation that you would like to proceed with a booking your Maplanga consultant will send you a booking form to confirm your holiday.
- We will require the full names of the people travelling as the names appear in the passport in order to book flights. You can either send us passport copies or send us the names by email.
- Please note name changes cannot be made after the tickets have been issued.
- Once a booking is made by you and the travel details confirmed to us we will send you an invoice with our full details indicated.
- The advertised package is based on flights with restrictive rules. The airlines require payment for flights within 24 hours of making the booking and we will require a deposit to cover the payment. Once flights are paid they are non refundable. If you prefer more flexibility a higher class of flight must be used.
- If a deposit is not received within the stipulated period the flights will cancel. We would then have to rebook the flights and this may result in the costed class being no longer available which would affect the cost of the package.
- Final payment is required a month prior to travel or as the terms and conditions of the service provider/s dictate.
- When full payment has been made we will send your e-tickets & travel vouchers to you. If you prefer they can collected from our offices in North Riding Estates.
- Payments can be made by EFT, telegraphic transfer (overseas payments) or via a secure independant online VCS credit card link for Visa and MasterCard that can be sent to you.
- Visitors travelling to Zambia are no longer required to be vaccinated for Yellow Fever.
- Zambelozi is in a malaria area; contact your doctor or travel cinic for suitable medication prior to travel.
- We recommend that all travellers take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance. Speak to your Maplanga consultant if you would like further information on the Oojah Travel insurance we offer.
Passports and visas
- You must have a current passport that is valid for 6 months after travel.
- There must be at least two empty pages in your passport
- South African passports require not visas to enter Zimbabwe.
- Many nationalities including US, British, Australian and Canadian can purchase their visas on arrival or online. Please have cash for this. Passports requiring a pre bought visa include Greece, Colombia, India. A Univisa is available for travellers who wish to include Zimbabwe in their itineraries.
Money, currency and credit cards
- The currency in Zambia is the Kwatcha
- All major currencies are accepted for payment, however you will probably get change in local currency
- We recommend that you take along some small denominations of USD currency to pay for small incidentals, park fees and curio purchases as the local vendors do not have credit card facilities.
- All credit cards except Diners are accepted at Sussi and Chuma.
The Upper Zambezi lies in a summer rainfall area. The weather is mild in the day and cool at night in winter (May, June July) and warm to hot for all other months with October traditionally being the hottest month of the year when temperatures rise to the late 30's (Celsius)
Casual comfortable clothing bearing in mind the time of year you are travelling. Shorts, T-shirts and light shorts for summer and light layers for winter that can be removed as the day gets hotter. Winter nights are cool and will require a fleece jacket, beanie and scarf.
If you would like an impartial reference on Maplanga Africa please step by the South African consumer website Hello Peter - www.hellopeter.com