You are here >> Home >> BOTSWANA >> MOREMI >> Chitabe
Chitabe Camp is a luxurious 8-roomed, tented camp built on one of the most beautiful islands in the Okavango Delta, in a private area that is bordered on three sides by the Moremi Game Reserve. The camp is located in a diverse area incorporating mopane woodlands, acacia, floodplains and the perennial delta, all of which provide a variety of wildlife.
- Accommodation consists of eight spacious East African style tents that are built on elevated wooden decks, beneath the lush tree canopy.
- Each tented room has en-suite facilities with flush toilets, and a shower and basin with hot and cold running water.
- The thatched dining area, lounge and pub are also raised on decks overlooking the surrounding flood plains.
- A pool allows guests to cool off from the heat of the day
- Activities consist of day and night game drives in open 4x4 vehicles accompanied by an experienced guide. Shorter nature walks are sometimes offered.
- Wildlife viewing is good, and includes Buffalo, Elephant, Lion, Leopard, Reedbuck, Lechwe, Impala, Zebra and Hippo.
- Wild dogs occur in the area. Night drives can be very rewarding with good sightings of the rarer nocturnal animals.
- Access into this areas is by aircraft only