How to make a booking
- Upon your confirmation that you would like to proceed with a booking your Maplanga consultant will send you a booking form to confirm your holiday.
- We will require the full names of the people travelling as the names appear in the passport in order to book flights. You can either send us passport copies or send us the names by email.
- Please note name changes cannot be made after the tickets have been issued.
- Once a booking is made by you and the travel details confirmed to us we will send you an invoice with our full details indicated.
- The advertised package is based on flights with restrictive rules. The airlines require payment for flights within 24 hours of making the booking and we will require a deposit to cover the payment. Once flights are paid they are non refundable. If you prefer more flexibility a higher class of flight must be used.
- If a deposit is not received within the stipulated period the flights will cancel. We would then have to rebook the flights and this may result in the costed class being no longer available which would affect the cost of the package.
- Final payment is required a month prior to travel or as the terms and conditions of the service provider/s dictate.
- When full payment has been made we will send your e-tickets & travel vouchers to you. If you prefer they can collected from our offices in North Riding Estates .
- Victoria Falls is a malaria area contact your doctor or travel cinic for suitable medication prior to travel.
- We recommend that all travellers take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance. Speak to your Maplanga consultant if you would like further information on the Oojah Travel insurance we offer.
Passports and visas
- You must have a current passport that is valid for 6 months after travel.
- There must be at least two empty pages in your passport
- South African passports require not visas to enter Zimbabwe.
- Many nationalities including US, British, Australian and Canadian can purchase their visas on arrival or online. Please have cash for this. Passports requiring a pre bought visa include Greece, Colombia, India. A Univisa is available for travellers who wish to include Zambia in their itineraries.
Unabridged birth certificates for minors travelling to Botswana
Effective from the 1st October 2016, minors travelling through Botswana's borders will be required to produce certified copies of unabridged birth certificates in addition to their valid passports. In the event that one parent is not travelling with the child, the other parent's affidavit consenting to such travel should be availed. However, an affidavit will not be required if the father's name does not appear on the child's birth certificate.
To summarise the above, should families be travelling with children below the age of 18 as of 1 October 2016 they will require the following:
- Valid Passports
- Certified unabridged birth certificates for all minors below the age of 18
- A letter of consent from the other parent should the minor be travelling with one parent
If you would like an impartial reference on Malanga Africa please step by the South African consumer website Hello Peter - www.hellopeter.com